Senior Network Manager | Hawkes Bay
Senior Network Manager
- Influence the standard of roading in New Zealand
- Lead the Network management delivery focus
- Napier based
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Senior Network Manager you will help lead the stewardship of the highway network for the Hawkes Bay area and maintain relationships with key stakeholders on behalf of Waka Kotahi. You will ensure the maintenance of all the assets and facilities across the highway system are managed effectively and that the access and use of the highway network is maintained.
As a member of the Network Management team you will work closely with Maintenance Contract Managers, Journey Manager and be responsible for the delivery of our regional maintenance and operations programme for the Hawkes Bay area.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
You will draw on your broad set of skills and experience, be responsive to our customers' needs whilst also taking a practical and pragmatic approach to manage suppliers. Sound organisational, asset management and negotiation skills accompanied with good decision making will be integral to your success.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring:
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Technical and practical experience in Asset Management or similar
- Experience at dealing with complex and sensitive issues in a political environment
- Experience working across central and local government would be advantageous
- Solid knowledge and understanding of delivering best value solutions within a constrained budget
- Experience in emergency response, Lifelines or resilience activities
- Strong customer and stakeholder management skills
- A Bachelor of Engineering or a relevant tertiary/trade qualification
- NZ Driver's Licence (or equivalent) is required
In return we can offer a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system. This group plays a key role in delivering to priority of improving and maintaining the land transport system in line with our key priorities as an agency.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday January 31 2022
Waka Kotahi requires that new employees are fully vaccinated (except for those who we accept have a genuine medical reason preventing vaccination).
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotah,NZ Transport Agency, is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment
Senior Network Manager - TS - PD.pdf (PDF, 317KB)
Follow us on