Project Controls Specialist | Multiple Locations
Project Controls Specialist
- Contribute to the success of high-profile projects across New Zealand that make a real difference to New Zealand
- Drive alignment with project management and control frameworks to support the programme or portfolio in meeting business outcomes
- Locations: Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch or Dunedin (For Auckland, please see other advertisement)
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Project Controls Specialist, you will have direct influence on project management. You will also work alongside project and programme managers to ensure their work is well supported and aligned to Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) frameworks and direction.
A critical component of this role is the ability to drive quality reporting across the lifecycle of activities, ensuring that Project Managers and Directors are able to rely on timely, accurate information across their projects. To enable the implementation of improvements, you will analyse activities, identify trends across the projects and share these insights across the business.
The role will be based out of a regional Waka Kotahi office but will require travel to external meetings from time to time.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience in a PMO or project delivery environment across a diverse portfolio, ideally working on civil engineering and infrastructure projects with a focus on project controls - cost management, risk management, reporting, and scheduling
- Comprehensive experience in project financial management (budgeting, reporting and analysis) and using relevant project management scheduling, reporting and financial systems
- Qualified in project or programme management and preferably with a degree in business, commerce, accounting and finance, engineering or equivalent
This is a great role for someone looking to join a diverse team of people, who support each other and are passionate about achieving their goals and results.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday, 31 January 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Project Controls Specialist - TS - PD - October 2021.pdf (PDF, 311KB)
Follow us on