Senior Property Manager | Waikato
Senior Property Manager
- Transport property portfolio leadership opportunity for the Waikato and Bay of Plenty regions
- Enable the delivery of safe and sustainable land transport solutions
- Opportunity to build on the legacy of Waka Kotahi work unique to the region
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As the Senior Property Manager in the Waikato and Bay of Plenty regions, you will have direct impact on the delivery of land transport solutions and the unique opportunity to enable the implementation of major infrastructure projects that keep New Zealand moving. You will provide leadership on property matters for the entire portfolio in Waikato/BoP and will work closely with the Manager Infrastructure Property to drive forward priorities, build and maintain relationships and ultimately seek to understand the legacy of work unique to the geographic region.
Working as part of a regionally dispersed team you will uphold the value of the specialist property contribution to the Waka Kotahi value chain. You will drive forward management of the held property portfolio in line with transport project programmes, our obligations to the Crown and compliance with relevant legislation and policy as it relates to the purchase, ownership and sale of property.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To optimise the Transport Agency's property portfolio outcomes you will need to bring a strong vision for the future, innovative new ideas and an understanding of operational excellence in property. You will also need strong collaboration and influencing skills to work through complex transactions.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- At least seven years' experience in commercial property management including building, tenancy and asset management
- Strong negotiation skills for leases, licences, rent reviews and renewals
- A sound knowledge of commercial and property law, and health and safety legislation; and their application in procurement practices and the management of property
- Proven people skills with experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and quality Microsoft Office skills
- A tertiary qualification in property or other relevant discipline
- Current and valid New Zealand driver's licence
- Professional Membership of RICS/Property Council/PINZ or CoreNet is desirable.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team of dedicated property professionals to embrace the challenge of managing a diverse property portfolio.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Property team is part of the Transport Services group and provides specialist property functions that are integral to the value chain that enables Waka Kotahi to deliver sustainable transport solutions. The team provides the full range of property services such as the acquisition, management, and disposal of properties relating to Waka Kotahi's transport projects.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : 27 October 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Property Manager -TS - PD.pdf (PDF, 328KB)
Follow us on