Principal Advisor, Organisational Performance | Wellington
Principal Advisor, Organisational Performance
- Opportunity to influence and support senior leaders
- Help develop new performance frameworks and reporting products to evolve the way that we drive performance
- Opportunity to work at an enterprise level across Waka Kotahi and land transport sector
- Join our highly skilled, knowledgeable and trusted team
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Principal Advisor you will provide robust advice, project leadership and proactive support to the Manager, Organisational Performance and the wider organisation to ensure we are strategy-led, evidence driven and implementing best practice planning and performance monitoring approaches.
In particular, you will work collaboratively with the business to lead, develop, and systemise performance frameworks and reporting products, providing the Board and executive team with robust and evidence- based insights into our performance. You will also help bring together reporting products for our internal stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who is comfortable working with all levels of the organisation. Technically skilled in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, you will be able to tell the story and present your findings to meet the needs of the audience.
Ko wai koe | About you
Our ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the machinery of government, proven experience in the development of accountability documents and the ability to influence and build credibility across a range of stakeholders.
For you to be successful in this role you will ideally bring:
- Proven experience in the development of enterprise level business reporting products targeted to the Board and Executive teams
- An in-depth understanding of performance monitoring and reporting within a large and complex or Government organisation
- Expertise in the development of key performance indicators and measures, including operational and strategic target setting
- Proven experience developing performance monitoring frameworks with the required management systems and controls
- Excellent business analysis skills and the ability to tell a story through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Sound knowledge of best practice strategy development and implementation
- Strong relationship management and communication skills
- Credibility and confidence to influence managers at all levels
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the business to influence and develop systems, capability and culture to support best practice performance systems and a strategy led organisation.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Organisational Performance team helps to establish the Agency's direction and accountability to government through facilitating the agency's statutory planning and accountability documents; and associated performance measurement systems and reports. The team has a strong performance improvement focus, using the agency's levers for strategic planning, performance and monitoring, and accountability.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Tuesday 26 October 2021
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
Please note we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Principal Advisor, Organisational Performance - CS - PD.pdf (PDF, 313KB)
Follow us on