Marketing Specialist | Wellington
- Support the delivery of world-class education and marketing programmes
- Make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders across the land transport system
- Be part of driving innovative ways of connecting and engaging with audiences
- Wellington based
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team delivering world-class marketing and education programmes to achieve better road safety outcomes for all New Zealanders. At Waka Kotahi, our purpose is to keep the country moving and safety is a top priority. The Education and Marketing team play a key role in resetting the road safety conversation to achieve this.
In this varied role you will work closely with the Activation and Integration Manager to develop, implement and manage a range of initiatives, activations and partnerships designed to engage audiences in road safety in non-traditional ways. You will lead the development of a content plan as well as using your well-established relationship skills to work with internal and external partners to identify and leverage opportunities to support road safety outcomes.
Role-modelling and championing innovative and new approaches to engaging with audiences, you'll take a portfolio approach to everything you do, leveraging the advantages of a combined education and marketing approach to deliver outcomes.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We are looking for a motivated, passionate professional, who can live and breathe our values and behaviours. You need to be able to work with a range of stakeholders and proactively identify new opportunities as well as opportunities for improvement. With experience in education, marketing and/or communications, you will be driven by making a difference to all New Zealanders' lives by improving road safety outcomes for everyone.
To be successful in this role, you will also bring:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering end-to-end, integrated initiatives across education and/or marketing activities
- A good understanding of digital marketing and social media and experience in utilising different channels to start conversations and drive engagement
- Experience in working with a range of internal and external partners to develop and deliver mutually beneficial initiatives.
- Proven ability to identify audiences and create platform led content to engage with them
- Ability to gather, summarise and analyse data from a variety of sources to inform decision making
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a wide range of people at all levels, both internally and externally
- An effectiveness in influencing and building credibility across a range of internal and external stakeholders, managers and their teams
- Proven ability to juggle competing priorities and a busy workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Te Waka Kotuia Engagement and Partnerships group is accountable for navigating Waka Kotahi's journey by building strong relationships with all stakeholders, telling great stories to achieve outcomes and change and managing our reputation.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday 24 October 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
PD_Activation and Integration Specialist_Sept 2021_FINAL.pdf (PDF, 322KB)
Follow us on