Senior Advisor Capability, EPMO | Multiple Locations
Senior Advisor Capability, EPMO
- Make a real difference in the way we enable, guide, and continuously improve the agency's practice in portfolio, programme, and project management
- Contribute to the development of frameworks, processes, and toolsets in collaboration with our key stakeholders
- Support executive-level governance forums
- Wellington/Auckland based
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The Senior Capability Advisor provides advice and support for leaders, managers and team members on change initiatives, and works closely with other teams in the Enterprise Change team. Within the EPMO the Senior Advisor contributes to EPMO practice management and development, including portfolio planning, development of standards and methods, quality management and the building of NZTA's project management and controls capability. This will include working collaboratively with the other key ‘centres of excellence' in the Agency to develop the detailed control framework for their particular initiatives.
This will result in improved transparency and clarity on the status of projects, drive greater consistency in the application of agreed controls, and ensure we understand and mitigate key risks and issues.
This role requires strong influencing skills with exceptional communication at all levels. You will have strong planning and organisation skills, with the ability to work under pressure, and be a natural collaborator to build strong working relationships across a range of stakeholders.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Demonstrable understanding and knowledge of governance principles, some knowledge of a legal framework, Some knowledge of Treasury and Gateway requirements.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the range of portfolio, programme and project management methodologies, practices and tools
- Demonstrable experience of portfolio, programme and project level assurance, best practice and methodologies
- Understanding of how to successfully implement change, particularly in the application of new processes, frameworks or controls
- Experience working in Project, Programme and Portfolio teams (5+ years)
- Experience advising on portfolio, programme and project assurance activity
- Experience in designing and implementing new processes, systems and controls
- Experience building and developing P3 capability in a PMO environment preferred
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Corporate Support Group underpins everything Waka Kotahi does. They are an enabler, an advisor, and the people who keep Waka Kotahi safe. Corporate Support includes Finance, Legal, Risk and Assurance, Research and Analytics, Procurement, and Enterprise Change. For the Agency to be successful, Corporate Support needs to deliver quality services efficiently.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Wednesday, 29 September 2021.
As part of the review process we will be asking shortlisted candidates to complete a short Sparkhire video interview.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Capability Advisor, EPMO - PD - September 2021.pdf (PDF, 353KB)
Follow us on