Lead Advisor | Multiple Locations
- Fantastic opportunity to contribute to positive change
- Positive team culture and flexible working
- Be a trusted advisor to the Senior Manager Safer Rail
- Join a growing and influential part of our transport system
- This role can be based at any of our main offices
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Lead Advisor, you will provide high quality strategic advice and support to the Senior Manager Safer Rail. Working closely with the Regulatory Service's leadership team you will play a critical role in ensuring they can effectively perform their role in driving continuous improvement to compliance, monitoring and enforcement services.
This is a great opportunity to showcase your proactive and tenacious approach to keep work on track and on time. To fit in this role, you will love a fast paced, high energy environment where no two days are the same.
As well as supporting and driving delivery, you will be a connector of people and activities to help join the dots within and beyond Regulatory Services.
The key to your success with this will be top notch communication and stakeholder management skills as well as your ability to maintain broad oversight of a number of work programmes and political issues within the Safer Rail team.
The preferred location for this role is Christchurch however it can be based at any of our main centres in either Wellington, Auckland, Hamilton or Palmerston North.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience working in a similar role in Government, working strategically with senior leaders
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to influence, collaborate and build credibility
- Strong political nous and strategic thinking
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to juggle conflicting priorities
- Proven experience at thinking analytically and identifying risks
- Ability to work at pace, pivot quickly and be agile
- An understanding of how to turn strategy into tactical outcomes
- Strong determination and commitment to achieve
Ko wai mātou | About us
Waka Kotahi is the primary regulator responsible for managing land transport safety and one of the regulators responsible for managing other harms in the land transport system. Te Rōpu Waeture, the Regulatory Services Group, is accountable for delivering regulatory activities that help to ensure people, vehicles, and rail and commercial organisations meet the required standards to be safe, and are able to access and use the transport system.
We encourage you to explore our regulatory strategy Tu Ake, Tu Maia – Stand Up, Stand Firmto learn more about our path to becoming a responsive regulator for the real world.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Monday 27 September 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
PD - Lead Advisor Rail System - August 2021.pdf (PDF, 307KB)
Follow us on