Applications Engineer | Multiple Locations
- Contribute to the quality of technology operations and support
- Opportunity to use your effective collaboration skills as an Application Engineer
- Wellington or Auckland or Palmerston North
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity:
The Application Engineer is charged with implementing, configuring, monitoring and supporting the Waka Kotahi (NZ Transport Agency) Microsoft Power Platform environment. This includes day-today deployment, management and monitoring of applications and resources mainly within the Power Platform environment, including incident response and developing operational procedures. Along with your day-to-day role, you will also be involved in various application development projects, providing technical support to the project team.
We are looking for an approachable, accurate and tenacious person, who can easily navigate across multiple teams including Business, Infrastructure, Vendor, Development, Test, Architecture, and Business Analysis. Below are some of the hands–on Technical and additional skills we are looking for. We respect that not everyone will bring all these skills and therefore there is opportunity for development and professional training. If required, we will support you to obtain certification in the Power Platform environment.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Microsoft Power Platform Applications administration and technical support, covering: PowerApps, Power Automate (flows), Power Virtual Agents, Data source connectivity, Associated platforms: SharePoint Online (Lists, etc), Microsoft 365 (forms, etc.), Microsoft Dynamics 365 (for Power Platform)
- Monitoring and alerting in the Power Platform environment
- Deployments of Power Platform resources through Azure DevOps Pipelines
- PowerBI administration & technical support
- PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Azure Skills (eg. Resource Groups, Logic Apps, Application Insights, Log Analytics)
- Understanding or experience in Power Platform development
- Data Analysis & data administration (SQL, Dataverse & SharePoint Lists)
- Applications support in the Microsoft environment (IIS, Tomcat, Windows Server)
- Change and Release Management
- Incident and Problem Management
- Excellent diagnostic and analytical skills
- Governance and “Microsoft CoE (Centre of Excellence)” experience in the Power Platform environment
- Technical risk management in System Operations
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Te Aukaha | Digital strengthens Waka Kotahi through supporting our people and delivering future-focussed solutions. We enable digital change and provide quality data, information and security services.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Tuesday, 28 September 2021
As part of the review process we will be asking shortlisted candidates to complete a short Sparkhire video interview.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Application Engineer - PD - August 2021.pdf (PDF, 292KB)
Follow us on