Senior & Principal Advisor (Business Case Specialist) | Multiple Locations
Senior & Principal Advisor (Business Case Specialist)
- Support business case proposals and connect strategy and outcomes
- Engage with stakeholders to enable access to National Land Transport Fund
- Senior Advisor and Principal Advisor positions available
- Locations: Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington or Christchurch
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
You will have direct impact on transport investment in New Zealand and the unique opportunity to influence the development of great journeys for all New Zealanders. You will work across the transport sector to shape the development of business case proposals to ensure activities are aligned to the Waka Kotahi strategic direction and to optimise their potential for investment from the National Land Transport Fund. You will collaborate with these stakeholders at an early stage and promote the Business Case Approach to support planning and investing for tangible outcomes.
You will collaborate across Transport Services and the wider agency to provide guidance to help steer projects, review outputs and provide feedback. A critical aspect of this role is the ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations to decision makers. This is a great opportunity to grow and develop as you will be exposed to best practice across a wide variety of projects throughout the Agency.
We are looking for one Senior Principal and one Principal Advisor.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To thrive in this unique environment, you will have a logical, solutions focussed approach and enjoy building relationships and having multiple activities on the go. You will be methodical and analytical in your work with strong judgement and decision-making skills. To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant relevant experience working in a business case environment and have an understanding of government's investment drivers and priorities
- In-depth knowledge and experience using the principles and best practice applied in business cases, ideally within the transport sector
- Experience coaching and building capability to strengthen the business case approach within a complex organisation
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills
- An ability to see the big picture and connect the dots. You will be able to bring teams together to help design activities that deliver on multiple objectives
- Comprehensive track record in advising decision makers in the delivery of complex strategic outcomes
- Good understanding of the transport system and land use integration
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and a continuous improvement approach
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills are essential
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Services team aims to provide a solution oriented and flexible service to promoters of national priority activities and transport projects on the State Highway Network (SHN). This service requires a proactive customer-focussed and collaborative approach to identifying solutions to complex problems and driving outcomes through others.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Wednesday, 29 Sept 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Principal Advisor PD June 2021.pdf (PDF, 299KB)
Follow us on