Senior Test Analyst - Business Intelligence | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Test Analyst - CS - Aug 2021.pdf (PDF, 305KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2021|
- Provide testing expertise in a BI team supporting NZ infrastructure projects
- Our BI team is close knit, collaborative and high performing
- Wellington-based role
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The Information Products team is part of a wider team within Business Intelligence Services (BIS), providing Waka Kotahi staff, partners and the public with insightful and interactive visual analytics and reporting, so that they can make informed decisions. We enable full end-to-end automation of visual analytics reporting, combining key Waka Kotahi data sources to produce meaningful insights, shared across the whole enterprise through a safe and secure platform.
We are looking for a Senior Test Analyst to join our team of BI Developers to provide overall quality assurance for our business intelligence reporting platform and ensure that our Enterprise BI reporting tools are effective, efficient and user friendly for our business.
You will be:
- monitoring and testing our multiple information products using our reporting toolset which includes QlikSense, SSRS and Power BI
- assessing reporting solutions for data quality and accuracy
- working with BI Developers to test processes and outputs and carrying out code and test reviews
- supporting the development and implementation of the technology change process
You will work closely with end users, business analysts and BI developers to ensure delivery within the end to end development process. Our goal is to enable the business to run more effectively and efficiently through better access to data, and as a senior member of our team, you will be working with customers across the business to help develop Waka Kotahi's business intelligence capability and achieve this goal.
Our information products help our business users all over the Agency, from identifying crash blackspots to helping mechanic auditors prepare their workplans to executive level dashboards. Our goal is to enable the business to run more effectively and efficiently through better access to data. Your role as Senior Test Analyst is to ensure that our Enterprise BI reporting tools are user friendly and achieve our goal.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
Your advanced SQL and MS Excel skills are essential to helping you achieve success in this role. Along with this, we are interested in talking with you about your experience in:
- testing in one or more of the following BI tools – SSRS, Qlik Sense and/or PowerBI
- test planning and test reporting
- the oversight and generation of all test related documentation
- maintaining the technology quality strategy, standards, practices and processes that operate in a manner relevant for the methodology being used eg. Agile/DevOps
- assessing reporting solutions to ensure they meet business requirements
- working with BI Developers to test processes and outputs and carry out code and test reviews
- contributing to the development and implementation of the technology change process
- identifying data issues and work to resolve these, often with business users and other teams
About us | Ko wai mātou
The Research and Analytics team uses data and information, research and analytics and customer-centric design and support to ensure the customer drives everything we do. We collect data and information to design great customer experiences, use research and analytics to help understand our customers and their needs and connect with the wider Waka Kotahi agency to improve the journeys of our customers through education and behaviour change.
Waka Kotahi employees are encouraged to demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of, Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Tuesday 28September 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time