Programme Manager Regulatory Performance | Multiple Locations
Programme Manager Regulatory Performance
- Help shape the direction of the Safer Commercial Transport Team
- Diverse, supportive and fun team environment
- Flexible working arrangements considered
- Location can be either Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Auckland or Palmerston North
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
This role is a fantastic opportunity to collaborate, connect with and influence others across the Safer Commercial Transport team to ensure everyone is working together to achieve the right safety outcomes for Aotearoa.
As Programme Manager Regulatory Performance, you will support the Senior Manager Safer Commercial Transport and lead a range of key improvement programmes and change activities. Managing the team's planning processes, you will also drive efficiencies and embed the operating model for the team.
Another key part of this role will be managing a small team of business analysts and helping them grow and develop.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Project/programme management experience, including business case writing, ideally in a regulatory environment
- Effective people leadership, including the ability to influence without authority
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and be an expert at connecting with others
- Solid experience in developing quality assurance and business improvement frameworks
- Proven experience embedding a continuous improvement culture
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analysis skills
- Change management skills
Ko wai mātou | About us
Waka Kotahi is the primary regulator responsible for managing land transport safety and one of the regulators responsible for managing other harms in the land transport system. Te Rōpu Waeture, the Regulatory Services Group, is accountable for delivering regulatory activities that help to ensure people, vehicles, and rail and commercial organisations meet the required standards to be safe, and are able to access and use the transport system.
We encourage you to explore our regulatory strategy Tu Ake, Tu Maia – Stand Up, Stand Firmto learn more about our path to becoming a responsive regulator for the real world.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Tuesday 28 September 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
PD - PM Reg Performance 1 - Sept 2021.pdf (PDF, 313KB)
Follow us on