Talent Acquisition Consultant | Multiple Locations
Talent Acquisition Consultant
- Work with a supportive and collaborative team
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home
- 2 x 12 month fixed term positions available (Consultant & Senior Consultant)
- Can be based in Wellington or Auckland
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We are seeking talent acquisition specialists who love what they do and want to provide quality recruitment advice and solutions. We are looking for someone who is driven by the challenge of finding talent in a competitive market and who enjoys partnering with People Leaders to develop innovative talent acquisition strategies for their portfolios.
We are particularly interested in those who have a strong interest in leading our commitment to te Tiriti o Waitangi and increasing our engagement with Māori and Pasifika candidates.
Our centralised talent function is considered a centre of excellence and this is a role where adding value, building relationships and being the subject matter expert is central to our success.
The key to a successful application will be your experience in providing awesome candidate care and great advice and support to People Leaders along with the delivery of end to end recruitment practices in an ever changing and challenging talent market.
Your professional growth is as valuable to us as it is to you and we encourage personal and career development. In our team you will be trusted and empowered with autonomy to look after your portfolio and deliver exceptional service to your stakeholders.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience within a similar recruitment role (internal or external experience)
- An understanding of Tikanga and Pasifika culture traditions/practices (desirable)
- Demonstrated successes in using proactive sourcing techniques to fill difficult roles
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to build and manage key stakeholder relationships and ensure the reputation of the Talent Acquisition function is maintained and enhanced
- Strong commercial acumen to identify and implement cost effective recruitment strategies
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and resilience to operate within an environment of changing demands and priorities
- A team player, who is solution-focused, reliable and embrace's a 'can-do' attitude
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise work across a wide range of roles
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and contribute to team projects
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The People group is responsible for leading the way in creating people related systems, processes and practices so that we have the workplace and capabilities we need to succeed. We want our people to be the best they can be and work hard to create an environment in which people can really thrive.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Monday 2 August 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
Follow us on