Senior People Advisor | Wellington
Senior People Advisor
- Join our big energetic team with plenty of opportunities
- Partner with our amazing senior leaders
- Wellington or Auckland based
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Pūmanawa Tāngata our People Group is focused on creating an awesome place to work, by unleashing people's potential to enable Waka Kotahi to achieve its purpose. We are supporting and developing people who are focused on creating a safe, resilient, well connected and multi-modal transport system that supports inclusive access, economic security and environmental sustainability.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We are looking for a People Advisor that loves what they do! You will want to be a trusted advisor who is embedded in the business to support senior leaders deliver on our big ambitions. You will be supported by a high performing team that likes to have fun and celebrate our success. You thrive in complex and fast paced environments where you experience variety every day and you can really make a difference. Are you the missing link in our team?
Rā Katinga | Applications close:
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven generalist HR experience at a Senior Advisory or Business Partner level
- The ability to deliver on your commitments, and to build and maintain solid working relationships across the business
- Strong influencing skills and with the gravitas to command professional respect at all levels, and proven ability to effectively coach leaders through complex and difficult issues.
- Experience of championing change, winning buy-in from people leaders and working through resistance.
- Ability to independently solve problems and make recommendations to remediate issues.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Monday 2 August 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
PD - People Advisor June 2021.pdf (PDF, 326KB)
Follow us on