Manager Customer Services | Manawatu
Manager Customer Services
- Are you passionate about your people and delivering excellent customer service?
- Fantastic leadership opportunity to modernise our Customer Service Centre
- Autonomy to make it your own and be innovative
- Palmerston North location
Ko wai mātou | About us
As the lead regulator for land transport our purpose is to ensure that the system is safe, efficient, effective and operates in the public interest. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as Te Rōpu Waeture (the Regulatory Services group), aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair real-world regulator applying principles of good practice grounded in Te Ao Maori - Whakapono (Integrity), Manaakitanga (Caring for people), Whanaungatanga (Relationships) and Kotahitanga (Unity). Being a real-world regulator means we take a systems view that is focused on improving safety outcomes and reducing harm, we work to understand why people behave the way they do and are pragmatic in how we respond, we encourage and educate to support people to comply and enforce compliance when necessary.
We encourage you to explore our regulatory strategy Tu Ake, Tu Maia – Stand Up, Stand Firmto learn more about our path to becoming a responsive regulator for the real world.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Manager Customer Services, you will build and lead a critical customer-centric delivery function that ensures customers have seamless accessibility to a suite of robust services that makes it easy for them to fulfil their legal transport obligations.
A critical responsibility of the role will be to strategically review and drive forward our Customer Services Operating model, its systems, processes and services.
We are looking for an experienced leader to bring a new and fresh perspective to how our contact centre is run. You will have top notch strategic leadership skills, a focus on positive culture change and continuous improvement in order to position us better for the future.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have proven experience leading a large contact centre and a solid understanding of the technical elements of how they operate
- Significant experience in a service delivery and/or regulatory environment
- Have a confident strategic approach and the ability to ask the right questions
- Be an excellent communicator and connector of people
- Be authentic, empathetic and approachable and have a people centred approach
- Have a proven record of turning strategy into tactical outcomes within a large organisation
- Have experience in creating a highly empowered, engaged and motivated work force that builds a culture of high performance
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Monday 21 June 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Manager Customer Services - PD - June 2021.pdf (PDF, 337KB)
Follow us on