Senior Advisor, Communications & Engagement (20 hour week part time) | Wellington
Senior Advisor, Communications & Engagement (20 hour week part time)
- Make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders
- An exciting time for the agency, as we gear up for delivery
- 20 hour permanent, part time opportunity based in Wellington
Ko wai mātou | About us
Waka Kotahi is committed to ensuring safe and sustainable transport outcomes for our communities and the environment. Supporting big shifts in sustainability, travel mode choice, environmental care and safety sit at the heart of our strategic direction. We have a series of programmes we need to deliver to support this including: Road to Zero, which sets a target of reducing deaths and serious injuries on New Zealand's roads, our Sustainability Action Plan to deliver a low carbon, safe and healthy land transport system and our plan to grow the share of people travelling by public transport, walking and cycling.
The Engagement and Partnerships Group is accountable for leading effective agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications, and regional relationships so we are supported to achieve our goals through great organisational storytelling, effective cross government facilitation, sound reputation management and strengthened relationships with our partners.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
This is an exciting time to join Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency. As well as our existing work we are also gearing up to deliver an exciting new range of projects and programmes. This includes implementing visionary strategies to make our transport system safer, reforming our regulatory function and planning and delivering projects including the Government's NZ Upgrade Programme and Road to Zero strategy.
In this role you will work with the Road Efficiency Group (REG). The REG partnership is focused on delivering change that will transform New Zealand's transport network to a modern, integrated system that includes all travel options working in partnership with local, regional and central government. A complex piece of work, you will be an experienced engagement and communications specialist with strong planning and organisational strengths working across the organisation and with our co-investment partners to deliver a programme of work to a wide range of stakeholder groups and audiences.
As our Senior Advisor, your role will be to help connect people with Waka Kotahi and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications. Dealing with external and internal parties across the business, you will have strong stakeholder engagement and relationship development skills. You will be innovative and creative, a self-starter and be able to manage ambiguity. Ideally with an understanding of local government, you will identify opportunities and drive continuous improvements across all aspects of the communications & engagements stream.
This is a 20 hour a week permanent opportunity.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at senior advisor level
- Excellent writing skills and experience presenting complex/technical information clearly and simply
- Experience of working with local government as a stakeholder is advantageous
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills to manage stakeholder engagement, change communications and connect programmes of work to the big picture
- Proven ability to build relationships with staff at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment and ability to work through ambiguity
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
Rā katinga | Applications close: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement - EP - PD - June 21.pdf (PDF, 662KB)
Follow us on