Practice Lead Project Management | Multiple Locations
Practice Lead Project Management
- Utilise your project management experience in driving change, making a difference and adding value
- Provide inspiring leadership to enable team members to reach their full potential
- Flexible location – Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch (preferred) but other locations will be considered
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunities
As our Practice Lead Project Management, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective Project Management Disciplines in Transport Services by developing and leading a high performing team of professional project management specialists
This is a brand-new opportunity and a chance to use your strong influencing and people leadership skills as you will be responsible for a high performing team.
As well as being accountable for the Waka Kotahi values and behaviours, your role has the following specific key accountabilities:
- Maintain leadership and oversight of project management resource performance, providing feedback, coaching and support
- Maintain leadership and oversight on the health and wellbeing of project management resource
- Recruit, develop and grow high performing project management capability
- Champion project and programme management practices and the technical development for staff within Transport Services
- Contribute to the ongoing development of project management frameworks to delivery capability for Transport Services
- Builds and maintain key relationships across Waka Kotahi at all levels, to ensure the best outcomes for projects.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role you will need to bring your ‘know how':
- Demonstrated people management experience in leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience in growing and developing team members
- At least 15 years' experience in leading large and complex projects and or/programmes including financial and risk management
- Demonstrated experience in leading large and complex projects and/or programmes or
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders including understanding different stakeholder motivations and drivers
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of developing career paths and the upskilling professionals in effective project/programme delivery strategies, practices and principles
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline
Rā Katinga | Applications close Tuesday 25th May 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At Waka Kotahi we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Practice Lead Project Management PD_May 2021.pdf (PDF, 327KB)
Follow us on