Practice Manager QA | Multiple Locations
Practice Manager QA
- Are you an experienced Practice Manager looking to make a difference?
- Excellent leadership skills required to grow and develop the practice of IT QA team
- Wellington or Auckland or Palmerston North
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Te Aukaha | Digital and Workspace strengthens Waka Kotahi through supporting our people and delivering future-focussed solutions. We enable digital change, provide quality data, information and security services, and create flexible and collaborative workspaces.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage a Quality & Assurance team, ensuring that the practice is well resourced within the organisation and that common practices and standards of the practices are established, continuously reviewed for fit and adhered to.
Your key role will be to contribute to the effective resource planning of the QA practice and contributing towards the principles and standards.
We are looking for a pragmatic leader, with experience in working with vendors, suppliers and internal technology Products, Operations and Architecture teams.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- QA leadership experience in a complex technology operational environment with significant expertise in sustainable technology operations
- Significant experience with automated test suites and the effective QA involvement in automated delivery pipelines.
- Experience dealing in cloud migration projects (Azure preferred)
- Significant knowledge and experience in the use of modern QA test and delivery practices
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday, 16 May 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Practice Manager QA, DW - PD April 2021.pdf (PDF, 316KB)
Follow us on