Senior Investment Policies Advisor | Multiple Locations
Senior Investment Policies Advisor
- Provide expert advice and thought leadership to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the development of new and updated investment policies
- Location: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
- Other Waka Kotahi office locations may be considered
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Investment Assurance team provides the value for money oversight and assurance over all the Agency's investments so that the business plan, programmes and significant investments reflect value for money and expected benefits are realised.
As well as stimulating work, we offer a range of benefits including ongoing professional development, the opportunity to work flexibly (within our operational requirements), 4 weeks annual leave, subsidised health insurance, and an active social club.
For more information check out: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/careers/our-benefits/
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to provide expert advice and thought leadership to internal and external stakeholders to ensure correct investment decisions are made by Waka Kotahi. The Senior Investment Policies Advisor develops, designs and implements best practice investment policies and is a key contributor to the continuous improvement of the investment function.
It will include developing or providing advice on the application of Waka Kotahi operational funding and investment policies, managing engagements with internal and external stakeholders, preparing briefings or other material for management, the Waka Kotahi Board or the Minister for Transport and assisting with the assessment of significant transport investments, as required.
You will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and utilise your excellent communication and influencing skills to obtain the desired outcomes.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Expert advice and lead the development of new and updated investment policies
- Engage effectively with and influence key stakeholders throughout the development of an investment policy
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, subject matter experts and leaders in key stakeholders, and leverage these relationships to deliver key work outputs
- Effectively communicate complex information about investment policies and investment decision making to a range of audiences to help improve their understanding of investment policies
- Monitor investment policy effectiveness, including managing periodic or needs-driven policy reviews and evaluations of existing policies
- Collaborate with other staff to continuously improve processes in relation to investment policies
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday, 16 May 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Investment Policies Advisor - CS PD April 2021.pdf (PDF, 322KB)
Follow us on