Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement | Auckland
Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement
- Make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders
- Supportive and dynamic team environment
- 1-year fixed term parental cover based in Auckland
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. We have a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the land transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Te Waka Kōtuia our Engagement and Partnerships group supports the success of Waka Kotahi by strengthening relationships with our central and local government partners, communities and industry. We do this by telling great stories about the work Waka Kotahi does. Our diverse work spans a range of partners and stakeholders - we support Ministers, coordinate collaboration across central government, lead relationships with our local government partners, and engage directly with the New Zealand public.
The opportunity | Te whiwhinga mahi
This is a time of delivery for the organisation as we work to fulfil the vision to provide New Zealanders with real travel choices including walking and cycling paths and major public transport projects. You'll offer advice and provide communications and engagement planning and delivery for these projects and programmes of work to ensure Waka Kotahi is well supported to achieve its goals.
As our Senior Advisor, your role will be to help connect people with Waka Kotahi and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications. Dealing with external parties and internal parties across the business, you will have strong stakeholder engagement and relationship development skills. You will be innovative and creative, a self-starter and be able to manage ambiguity. Identifying opportunities and making improvements are important aspects you will be bring.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications, engagement planning and delivery at senior level
- Experience in or exposure to an account/relationship management environment
- Excellent writing/editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills i.e. event management, marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, change communications
- Proven ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
- A tertiary qualification in communications or a related discipline
- Training or qualification in IAP2 is desirable but not essential
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team who will guide you through your professional development, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and join us.
Applications close | Rā katinga: Wednesday the 21st of April 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on