Advisor, Ministerial Services | Wellington
Advisor, Ministerial Services
- Provide expert advice on machinery of government and all matters relating to ministers
- Be a part of a dynamic and high performing team
- 12 month fixed term based in Wellington
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. We have a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Te Waka Kōtuia Engagement and Partnerships Group leads effective agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications, and regional relationships to support Waka Kotahi to achieve its goals through great storytelling, effective cross government partnership, sound reputation management and strengthened relationships with our partners.
Our Ministerial Services team are responsible for undertaking all ministerial and official work for Waka Kotahi including a range of additional activity that includes co-ordinating and drafting the Minister's weekly report, all Select Committee Hearings for Waka Kotahi, assisting the Chief Executive in preparation for Minister's meetings and developing and implementing key ministerial policies.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As our Advisor, Ministerial Services, your role is to provide ministerial and parliamentary expertise and technical knowledge that delivers high quality timely advice and services to Ministers, senior leaders and staff across Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency. This includes managing and drafting responses to all official, ministerial and parliamentary requests for information on behalf of Waka Kotahi.
Reporting to the Principal Advisor, you'll provide advice and assistance to Waka Kotahi staff about the processes, procedures and requirements relating to OIA requests, written and oral parliamentary questions, ministerial correspondence and ministerial, parliamentary and government processes. You will support the business to ensure the required level of understanding of the specific issues and develop and maintain key business relationships.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Knowledge of the machinery of government and an understanding of the OIA and Privacy Act
- Highly developed research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – experience in writing in plain English
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to maintaining consistently high standards
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising quality, including managing demanding workloads and competing priorities
- Sound judgement and ability to manage risk appropriately
- Sound relationship management and negotiation skills
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
Applications close: Tuesday the 27th of April 2021
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on