Certification Investigator | Canterbury
- Apply your investigation and auditing skills in the vehicle certifications environment
- Deliver best practice compliance to keep all New Zealanders safe
- Based in Christchurch
Ko wai mātou | About us
As the lead regulator for land transport our purpose is to ensure that the system is safe, efficient, effective and operates in the public interest. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as Te Rōpu Waeture (the Regulatory Services group), aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair real-world regulator applying principles of good practice grounded in Te Ao Maori - Whakapono (Integrity), Manaakitanga (Caring for people), Whanaungatanga (Relationships) and Kotahitanga (Unity). Being a real-world regulator means we take a systems view that is focused on improving safety outcomes and reducing harm, we work to understand why people behave the way they do and are pragmatic in how we respond, we encourage and educate to support people to comply and enforce compliance when necessary.
We encourage you to explore our regulatory strategy Tu Ake, Tu Maia – Stand Up, Stand Firmto learn more about our path to becoming a responsive regulator for the real world.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
At the Waka Kotahi we work to keep people safe on the road. The Safer Vehicles team regulates the vehicle certification sector to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by ensuring compliance.
As one of our Certification Investigators you will be responsible for conducting investigations into non-compliance within the vehicle inspection and certification sector. Working closely with your team and technical experts, you will review cases, look into a provider's background and coordinate moderate to complex investigations of potential non-compliance or any safety issues.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator and enjoys thinking critically to analyse data and draw objective conclusions.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant regulatory compliance experience
- Proven experience in the application of modern investigative techniques
- A high degree of confidence in the use of technology including strong skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A collaborative and flexible approach
- Ability to analyse data to identify areas of likely non-compliance
- Strong ability to translate technical information and produce articulate reports
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think logically
- Experience in a regulatory safety field is desirable
- Some understanding of automotive mechanical principles and technologies, and a curiosity to learn more
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Wednesday 21 April 2021
For a copy of the position description, please see attachment below
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please do let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Certification Investigator REG PD April 2021.pdf (PDF, 332KB)
Follow us on