Service Designer | Multiple Locations
- Be an advocate for design and support a variety of customer related projects
- Integrate service design expertise into projects and improvement activities
- Add value and establish strategic relationships
- Based in either Wellington or Auckland
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Corporate Support Group underpins everything the Agency does Corporate Support includes Finance, Legal, Risk and Assurance, Research and Analytics, Procurement, and Enterprise Change. A key part of this is the Enterprise Change group which is responsible for deliver, design and change management across key programmes and projects for the agency. The Enterprise change group operates as an are an enabler, an advisor, and the people who keep the Agency on track to deliver change across the business.
As well as stimulating work, we offer a range of benefits including ongoing professional development, the opportunity to work flexibly (within our operational requirements), 4 weeks annual leave, subsidised health insurance, and an active social club.
For more information check out: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/careers/our-benefits/
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As a Service Designer, you will collaborate across the business on design assignments and integrate service design expertise into projects and improvement activities for the agency.
This role offers the opportunity to interact with significant pieces of work. You will be an advocate for design and support a variety of customer related projects throughout the organisation, ensuring activities are of the highest quality.
You will get involved in customer experience sprints to shape and deliver improvements to services and create better experiences across the transport system. You will be familiar with human-centered design practices, exploring customer challenges, ideating and prototyping solutions.
Your ability to navigate complexity and recommend the right course of action will be crucial to your success, as will your expertise at working with the business to design services and interactions with the agency from a customer perspective. We are looking for the practical application of service design to add value to the organisation.
Other key aspects of this role will be contributing to our service design capability through strengthening systems processes and parameters within the team. We are looking for an adaptive, strong, supportive person who is inclusive and a clear communicator and can operate within a small but growing team
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience in the application of service design processes, in particular customer experience and service design, and design thinking in a large complex organisation.
- In depth understanding of different service design tools, techniques and human-centred design methods and the development and implementation of them.
- Exceptional communication, facilitation and collaboration skills.
- An agile mindset and approach to solving problems and getting results.
- Knowledge of product design and digital delivery.
- The ability to consult, add value through strategic advisory.
- Experience working with a range of range of stakeholders and building credibility across the agency.
- A strong desire to contribute to the Service Design team and capability development.
- Understanding of transport sector policies and processes would be beneficial.
- Tertiary qualification in design, business, psychology or other relevant area is desirable
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday, 18 April 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Service Designer PD March 2021.pdf (PDF, 336KB)
Follow us on