Principal Advisor Resource Planning | Multiple Locations
Principal Advisor Resource Planning
- Shape transport initiatives and help make an impact to New Zealand's transport system
- Lead the development and ongoing management of resource plans for various programmes of work
- Flexible location based in one of our four main centres (Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch)
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunities
As our Principal Advisor, Resource Planning you will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver on the annual work programme by ensuring all projects are set up for success through the effective initiation of projects, assigning, resourcing and maintaining oversight of project scheduling, progress and performance.
This role also undertakes analysis and provides resource planning reports to support leadership decision making.
As well as being accountable for the Waka Kotahi values and behaviours, your role has the following specific key accountabilities:
- Work in collaboration with the relevant System Design Practice leads and Infrastructure Delivery Managers in assigning resources to projects to ensure projects are appropriately resourced
- Manage visibility of the future pipeline of work and resource requirements
- Support leadership teams and project teams to ensure resource planning and information is accurate and timely and can be used to provide insight on performance
- Provide coaching, support in the early stages of project set up to Project Directors/Managers and project teams
- Maintain oversight of inflight project performance to provide insights and intelligence on project status and forecasting time / resource issues
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role you will need to bring your ‘know how':
- Strong experience in effective project resource planning
- In-depth knowledge of Project workforce Management tools. An in-depth understanding of forecasting methods and formulas.
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills to work at all levels
- A strong understanding of project resource scheduling
- Ability to offer insight into project resourcing issues and provide potential solutions
Rā Katinga | Applications close Thursday 22nd April 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Principal Advisor Resource Planning PD_April 2021.pdf (PDF, 324KB)
Follow us on