Principal Planning Advisor | Multiple Locations
Principal Planning Advisor
- Work as part of a national team
- Shapes places through thought leadership to achieve integrated planning
- Two roles available (Tauranga or Hamilton and Auckland)
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The System Planning team in the Transport Services Group provides strategic, spatial, and system planning expertise to shape the land transport system so that it reflects the plans and priorities of the Transport Agency and its partners.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to implement, enhance and promote Waka Kotahi's strategic planning practice to ensure our strategy is delivered. This role is largely focused on building strong relationships with senior leaders and external partners within local government.
We are looking for someone who has expertise in land use planning and urban development and excellent understanding of the New Zealand planning context and current policy proposals, that can provide thought leadership to complement the existing technical knowledge within the team to contribute to local plans and policies and national policy direction. You will have excellent communication skills and use those to influence and network in a fast paced and complex environment.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Comprehensive experience in land use planning, spatial planning and structure planning and policy development
- Knowledge and thought leadership in urban development, development economics and/or systems thinking
- Knowledge and experience in transport planning including business cases and integrated transport assessments
- Highly effective written and oral presentation and communications and advocacy skills
- Highly developed influencing, networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective and trusted relationships
- Experience in supporting others in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment
- You will ideally have experience in working within local government
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is Collaborative, Customer Focused and Curious, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday 16 May 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Principal Planning Advisor - TS - PD.pdf (PDF, 411KB)
Follow us on