Manager Compliance - Central North Island | Waikato
Manager Compliance - Central North Island
- Are you an experienced, strong and empathetic leader with a regulatory background?
- Do you enjoy developing motivated high performing teams through cultural and behavioural change?
- Are process improvement, continuous improvement and internal/external relationship management high on your skills list?
- Do you want to be part of an organisation that values the skills you bring and makes a difference to New Zealanders lives every day?
If you answered yes to the questions above, we would be excited to hear from you.
Waka Kotahi is looking for experienced leaders to operationally deliver, through their team, a world class regulatory compliance service in our Safer Commercial Transport team.
Positions available in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, and Christchurch
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to deliver strong leadership and a robust regulatory service to motivate and influence the New Zealand commercial transport sector to deliver the highest levels of safety and compliance outcomes that protect New Zealanders from transport related harm.
This is a key leadership position and you will have three key accountabilities;
- Leadership - you will be a key member of the leadership team, growing the capability of the Central North Island team and ensuring they are engaged and well connected to the National group.
- You will be responsible for delivering great outcomes such as bringing about safer commercial transport through:
- High quality regulation and leadership
- Taking a systems level approach to audit and compliance
- Developing key performance metrics, measurement and reporting
- Developing and implementing nationally consistent processes with your Compliance Manager colleagues
- Developing your team and building the capability, attitude and culture needed to take us into the future
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A track record of leadership encompassing your ability to navigate, innovate, coach, deliver and connect across the organisation.
- Proven experience in systems level auditing and regulatory interventions within a large complex organisation
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of how regulation and compliance interface
- Experience in influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders to achieve regulatory compliance outcomes.
- Experience managing financial delegations and meeting budget requirements.
- Mandatory: Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience in a regulatory environment
- Desirable: New Zealand Certificate in Regulatory Compliance (Core Knowledge), Lead Auditor Certificate or equivalent
Ko wai mātou | About us
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance - it is the essence of why we do what we do. For more information, please visit www.nzta.govt.nz/regulatory/
To view our regulatory strategy : please visit Tu Ake, Tu Maia - Stand Up, Stand Firm
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Wednesday, 10 March 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Manager Compliance SCT REG PD Feb 2021.pdf (PDF, 339KB)
Follow us on