Senior Risk Assurance Advisor | Wellington
Senior Risk Assurance Advisor
- Champion risk management across Waka Kotahi
- Opportunity to grow your career
- Join this high performing, supportive and diverse team
- Based in Wellington
Ko wai mātou | About us
As the lead regulator for land transport our purpose is to ensure that the system is safe, efficient, effective and operates in the public interest. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as Te Rōpu Waeture (the Regulatory Services group), aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair real-world regulator applying principles of good practice grounded in Te Ao Maori - Whakapono (Integrity), Manaakitanga (Caring for people), Whanaungatanga (Relationships) and Kotahitanga (Unity).
Being a real-world regulator means we take a systems view that is focused on improving safety outcomes and reducing harm, we work to understand why people behave the way they do and are pragmatic in how we respond, we encourage and educate to support people to comply and enforce compliance when necessary.
We encourage you to explore our regulatory strategy Tu Ake, Tu Maia - Stand Up, Stand Firm to learn more about our path to becoming a responsive regulator for the real world.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Senior Risk Assurance Advisor you will provide risk management oversight and guidance to Waka Kotahi's Regulatory Services Group. Working alongside other internal teams and managers across the group, you will provide advice and support on a variety of risk analysis and management matters. You will also contribute to the review of the Risk and Assurance framework and assocaited risk documents.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your risk management capability and learn from others in the team. This is a busy and varied role and we are looking for an analytical thinker, who has a proactive approach to learning and an inquiring mind.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Solid understanding of risk management frameworks and assurance programmes
- Good knowledge and experience relating to risk management reporting
- Sound experience in the development and use of performance indicators for risk management
- Technical knowledge of the AS/NZS ISO 31000 Standard: Risk Management - Principals & Guidelines.
- Technically competency in risk analysis techniques
- An engaging approach and excellent communication style
- Proven ability to collaborate and engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Rā Katinga | Applications close : 26 April 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Risk Assurance Advisor PD_Systems Integrity_February 2021.pdf (PDF, 319KB)
Follow us on