Business Support Coordinator | Auckland
Business Support Coordinator
- Bring your administrative and organisational skills to this diverse role
- Be part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- Auckland based opportunity
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Auckland Transport Operations Centre (ATOC) is all about enabling customers in real time to make smarter, safer and more reliable journeys. In the world of planned and unplanned events, we need to mitigate the impact of these events on customer journeys across ATOCs area of operation. This role will support a unique business operating as a joint venture between the Auckland Transport and Waka Kotahi New Zealand Transport Agency.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As a Business Support Coordinator within our ATOC team, you will provide timely and effective business support services to the Traffic Management business unit. The Business Support Coordinator will also need to work closely with, and act as support for other members of the Business Support team and wider ATOC business units.
As well as being accountable for the Waka Kotahi values and behaviours, your role has the following specific key accountabilities:
- General administrative tasks such as responding to incoming phone calls when managing reception, management of common meeting rooms, utility areas, fleet vehicles and managing facilities issues.
- Working with the Stakeholder and Engagement Lead on staff and stakeholder communications tasks as required and arranging whole office events or forums as required, including catering
- Process inductions, onboarding and exiting arrangements for staff or others based at ATOC
- Arrange and manage business unit training for all ATOC staff and monitor compliance via a well-maintained training register
- Co-ordinate debrief meetings for all ATOC (including possible travel within the ATOC area of operation), documenting minutes and actions and supporting debrief projects
- Manage CCTV and Official Information Act requests (OIA) in a timely manner
- Complete and manage continuous improvement to financial reporting and compliance activities, and make sure they comply with policies and processes of both partner agencies
- Complete audits and compliance reviews of financial processing, identifying areas of improvement, implementing process changes and reviews
- Create any ad-hoc or regular reports, as required by the Business Support Manager, for the Business Support Team or the wider ATOC business unit or as identified as part of normal auditing of processes and policies
Ko wai tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience in an administration role, project co-ordination role or similar
- The ability to multi task, prioritise, work well under pressure and stay calm when dealing with matters of high priority and importance to ensure the demanding needs and challenges of a those the role supports are successfully met
- Expertise in use of the Microsoft office suite
- An understanding of finance practices and compliance
- A qualification is desirable but not essential.
- A current and valid New Zealand Driver's Licence (or equivalent).
As mentioned, this role will support a unique business operating as a joint venture between the Auckland Transport and Waka Kotahi New Zealand Transport Agency.
Rā Katinga | Applications close Friday 5th March 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
Business Support Coordinator PD Feb 2021.pdf (PDF, 346KB)
Follow us on