Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement (1 year fixed term) | Bay of Plenty
Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement (1 year fixed term)
- Make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders
- Tauranga based
- Fixed term parental leave cover for 1 year
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. We have a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the land transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Te Waka Kōtuia our Engagement and Partnerships group supports the success of Waka Kotahi by strengthening relationships with our central and local government partners, communities and industry. We do this by telling great stories about the work Waka Kotahi does. Our diverse work spans a range of partners and stakeholders - we support Ministers, coordinate collaboration across central government, lead relationships with our local government partners, and engage directly with the New Zealand public.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
This is a busy time for Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency as we deliver a range of projects and programmes. This includes implementing visionary strategies to make our transport system safer, reforming our regulatory function and planning and delivering projects as part of the Government's NZ Upgrade Programme. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of transport projects in the Bay of Plenty region and take a lead role in communicating and engaging with the community and our stakeholders on our Rotorua projects.
You'll offer advice and provide communications and engagement planning and delivery for these projects to ensure Waka Kotahi is well supported to achieve its goals. You will help connect people with Waka Kotahi and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications. Dealing with external and internal parties across the business, you will have strong stakeholder engagement and relationship development skills. You will be innovative and creative, a self-starter and be able to manage ambiguity.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We are looking for an experienced communications and engagement practitioner, who is a motivated self-starter. You need to able to manage complex relationships, both within and outside the organisation; to be able to provide environmental scans to support our relationship sponsors in their work; and deliver best practice engagement programmes that strengthen our relationships with our partners and deliver better outcomes for New Zealand.
You will also have;
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at senior level
- Experience in or exposure to an account/relationship management environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills i.e. event management, marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, change communications
- Proven ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
- A tertiary qualification in communications or a related discipline
- Training or qualification in IAP2 is desirable but not essential
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team who will guide you through your professional development, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and join us.
Applications close: Wednesday the 10th of March 2021
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Follow us on