Strategic Technology Portfolio Lead | Multiple Locations
Strategic Technology Portfolio Lead
- Excellent opportunity to be a part of the Technology leadership team!
- Be a vital contributor by setting technology direction for different domains at Waka Kotahi
- Wellington / Auckland / Hamilton / Palmerston North
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Te Aukaha | Digital and Workspace strengthens Waka Kotahi through supporting our people and delivering future-focussed solutions. We enable digital change, provide quality data, information and security services, and create flexible and collaborative workspaces.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of these roles (three) is to provide strategic technology consultancy and strategic leadership for the CTO and senior business leaders including ELT and GLT members.
This role is part of the Technology leadership team and is responsible for producing the strategic direction of their specific portfolio by partnering with their respective groups. They will be a domain expert in either Transport, Regulatory, or Corporate Technology business lines and lead engagement with respective business units. This will include accountability of domain specific Technology strategic plans and reference architectures, as well as provide an oversight of all initiatives for their specific domains.
You will be an effective communicator with excellent relationship management skills. Along with that, you will have proven experience in delivery of programmes of work.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience in developing strategies
- Extensive experience in complex solutions delivery environment with significant experience in delivery of technology and business change solution
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Proven experience in the integration of solutions into an existing environment that includes ‘as a service', COTS, and custom developed services
- Knowledge and experience in proactive technology risk management
As part of the review process we will be asking shortlisted candidates to complete a short Sparkhire video interview.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Friday, 5 March 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Strategic Technology Portfolio Lead, DW - PD December 2020.pdf (PDF, 304KB)
Follow us on