Financial Services Analyst | Multiple Locations
Financial Services Analyst
- Work in a high trust environment where you can take ownership for your deliverables
- Bring your expert financial and analytical skills
- Palmerston North or Wellington based opportunity
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Investment and Finance team is to manage the investment and financial management processes and systems and to provide on-going assurance that we are investing and managing money wisely.
A fantastic opportunity to bring your strong analytical and relationship management skills to these positions within the Revenue Management team. As a trusted team member, you will be encouraged to question the status quo and find ways to improve how we work.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is two-fold, firstly the role is to support core financial services, processes, systems, and online payment within the Revenue Management team. Secondly, to deliver financial operational design and implement change and continuous improvement, partnering with the wider business and relevant external stakeholders to deliver the Agency's financial services and financial aspects of our business processes and systems. The support and financial operational design required in this role is across several large and complex Registry and Payment systems.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful, you will bring:
- Public sector or related sector experience within an accounting/finance function
- Extensive working knowledge of financial management information and business systems
- Experience in both process improvements and understanding business processes and utilising these to meet business and customer requirements.
- Demonstrated experience translating complex technical scenarios into business context, with a proven track record in evaluating and resolving complex issues
- Experience with the provision of accurate and timely data for ad hoc information requests as well as ongoing reporting requirements
- Experience in reconciling large volume general ledger accounts and reconciling to subsidiary/source data systems
- Understanding of Payment Card Industry Standards (PCI DSS)
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related disciplines, or equivalent experience
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Thursday 28th January 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Financial Services Analyst PD January 2021.pdf (PDF, 353KB)
Follow us on