Speed Programme Delivery Manager | Auckland
Speed Programme Delivery Manager
- Translate Government direction and Waka Kotahi strategy in the delivery of the Safe Networks Programme
- Utilise your leadership & experience in driving change, making a difference and adding value
- Flexible location - Auckland preferred
Ko wai mātou | About us
At the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Our Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
The Safe Networks Programme is a key initiative in realising the Government's goal of achieving a safe road system free from death and serious injury.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As our Speed Programme Delivery Manager, you will provide operational leadership for Waka Kotahi (NZTA) in the delivery of the Speed Management Programme as part of the Safe Network Programme. A partnership with local government and the Agency's road safety partners being led by Waka Kotahi
As well as being accountable for the Waka Kotahi values and behaviours, your role has the following specific key accountabilities:
- Accountable for programme delivery of the Speed Management Components of the Safe Network Programme, including local roads
- Provide leadership to the delivery and technical teams ensuring they take a pragmatic approach in balancing stakeholder needs, cost, deliverability and network impact of the Programme
- Support the development and prioritization of the future long-term programme
- Mentor and provide guidance to project managers and project teams in delivery of regional or specific projects
- Accountable for ensuring the programme supports and aligns to Government's commitment to achieving a transport system free from death and serious injury, and ensure that the customer experience is integrated into all phases and aspects of the development and delivery of the programme
- Lead, monitor and plan effective mitigation strategies when identifying issues, risks and/or opportunities for improvement, and drive the implementation of changes in the project lifecycle to enhance quality and benefit realization
- Responsible for providing progress reports for Governance teams, Official Information Act requests and regular updates to the Board and Ministers
Ko wai koe | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Track record in Programme Management and/or management of multi-disciplined teams
- Sound knowledge of the Safe System Approach
- Experience in managing complex issues/risks which span across and influence different parts of an organisation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – translating complex topics and issues at the correct level to influence the audience at the time
- A reputation for collaborative working relationships and achievement through partnerships
- Experience in leading the application of an innovative, customer centred way of thinking
- Solution focused with a strong drive for results
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Tuesday 9th March 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Speed Programme Delivery Manager PD February 2021.pdf (PDF, 325KB)
Follow us on