Team Manager | Canterbury
- Embed a culture of regulatory excellence
- Drive innovation for continuous improvement
- Location : Christchurch
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance - it is the essence of why we do what we do. For more information, please visit www.nzta.govt.nz/regulatory/
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to support the Manager Safer Vehicle and the team who work to embed a culture of regulatory excellence through education, advice, deterrence and enforcement whilst still conducting audit activities in the field.
This role has operational responsibilities for overseeing day to day work programme and activities, workflow planning, file management and quality control. Along with driving innovation for continuous improvement and the development and re-development of auditing systems & processes
As the Team Manager, you will be a skilled and respected regulatory practitioner who also assists with building and maintaining key operational relationships both internal and external, and you will play a key role in coaching and mentoring.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience at a senior level in a regulatory profession including investigative, auditing, interviewing and negotiation skills
- Experience in mentoring and upskilling staff and developing staff potential
- Ability to develop workable solutions to problems using a range of analytical and problem-solving skills
- To report on work flow and outcomes.
- To undertake internal process reviews of team file management to ensure consistency of regulatory practice with standard operating procedures and application of regulatory sanctions
- The ability to understand and apply legislation, policy and other technical information and apply it in an operational context
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- The ability to write professional reports to a high standard
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to relate well, create rapport, build credibility and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to apply a systematic and methodical approach to work
- Able to demonstrate perseverance to achieve and exceed goals
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent training in a regulatory environment (e.g. Core knowledge in regulatory practice)
- Operational Leadership (e.g. Certificate in First Line Management L4) or appropriate practical experience
- A tertiary qualification as an Automotive Technician is desirable
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday, 7 March 2021
For a copy of the position description, please visit: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Team Manager Safer Vehicles REG PD Feb 2021.pdf (PDF, 346KB)
Follow us on