Principal Asset Investment Advisor | Multiple Locations
Principal Asset Investment Advisor
- Guide the development of regional maintenance and renewals forward works programmes
- Champion best practice asset management with a focus on the development of lifecycle asset management plans
- Be part of a team that is recognised for leading continual improvement in maintenance asset management
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Our Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to lead and facilitate the development of regional and national works programmes that deliver nationwide service levels and strategic targets. You will be working with our delivery teams to improve our asset management capability and to ensure value, in what is proposed to be delivered.
As the Principal Asset Investment Advisor, you will have the opportunity to develop and implement best practice asset and maintenance management across the transport system and deliver value and benefits to our customers nationwide. You will work alongside a dedicated group of asset management advisors who are responsible for developing tactical programs of work (3 to 10 year view) that ensure our 60 Billion dollar state highway asset delivers a safe and resilient outcome for our customers.
We are looking for a confident, energetic individual with credible experience in asset management, particularly in road asset management.
This is a varied role in a fast-paced environment, and you will be kept busy providing advice, coordinating meetings, contributing to risk management processes and ensuring the programmes are on track. When required, you will need to manage and provide guidance to the programme coordination team.
We are looking for someone who has exceptional coordination and relationship management skills and is also committed, dependable and loves to learn.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience in Asset Management, preferably in transport
- Familiarity with road operation, maintenance and renewal materials, treatments and achievements
- Experience in developing and selecting responses to the root cause of problems
- A keen interest in sharing your asset management expertise with the team and contribute to ensuring best practice asset management
- Experience in developing works programmes, and the supporting business case
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage the implementation of works programmes, as well as in their review
- A track record of implementing improvements to transport asset management practices.
In return we can offer a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. This position can be based in Hamilton or Tauranga.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Rā Katinga | Applications close:
Sunday 16th May 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Principal Asset Investment Advisor - TS - PD 2021.pdf (PDF, 490KB)
Follow us on