Procurement Excellence Manager | Multiple Locations
Procurement Excellence Manager
- Be part of building a future focused transport system for all New Zealanders
- Work with a strong and experienced team of professionals
- Auckland or Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Come and join a forward-thinking procurement team at the forefront of designing new models to accelerate and advance thinking in the NZ Public Sector.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The Procurement Excellence Manager will lead the development and implementation of best practice procurement to meet the Waka Kotahi fit for purpose approach to procurement including methodologies, processes, procedures, models, systems and tools to drive greater public value outcomes
This is an opportunity to get involved in leading change, identifying and determining suitability of new and innovative ideas and concepts, and working on a diverse programme of work that crosses multiple parties.
You will lead the development and implementation of programmes and initiatives for the delivery of procurement excellence and capability outcomes for Waka Kotahi. You'll draw on your expert knowledge and thought leadership, to provide specialist advice on procurement to both internal and external customers, at all levels.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
As well as your leadership attributes, you will need to have:
- 5+ years procurement and/or commercial experience
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining best practice procurement
- Experience in managing internal/external people and resources
- Experience in continuous process improvement
- Experience in change management
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge or experience in infrastructure delivery would be preferable
As part of the review process we will be asking shortlisted candidates to complete a short Sparkhire video interview.
Applications close | Rā Katinga 27th October 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.]
Procurement Excellence Manager PD Oct 2020.pdf (PDF, 645KB)
Follow us on