- Bring your knowledge and understanding of vehicle inspection and compliance
- Champion compliance to create safer vehicles
- Based in Palmerston North
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance - it is the essence of why we do what we do. For more information, please visit www.nzta.govt.nz/regulatory/
To view our regulatory strategy : please visit Tu Ake, Tu Maia - Stand Up, Stand Firm
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
In this role you will be planning and leading audits and investigations into areas of non-compliance within the vehicle certification sector. You will use a range of tools to ensure vehicle certifications are being done to a high standard in accordance with all requirements, and that areas of risk are identified and dealt with effectively. You will exercise statutory interventions and other regulatory activities as necessary.
In this role you will work in a specialist regional team responsible for taking a proactive approach to safety and compliance, through reviewing and auditing industry participants, measuring their performance, and taking the appropriate regulatory action where non-compliance is evident.
This is your opportunity to improve standards, systems and apply industry best practice. Drawing on your vehicle certification experience and by reference to the standards of the Vehicle Inspection Requirement Manuals (VIRM) you will apply current legislation to a range of situations, ensuring desired outcomes are reached, resulting in greater safety and compliance.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Knowledge and Experience
- A track record in building and sustaining working relationships with the transport and vehicle sector
- Certification of Fitness and/or Warrant of Fitness experience
- The ability to address specific issues and find resolutions within regulatory guidelines
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and apply legislation, policy, and technical standards in an operational context
- High degree of confidence using multiple IT systems including strong skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write well-reasoned, articulate reports.
- Working knowledge and understanding of VIRMs for CoF/WoF
- Experience in building and sustaining working relationships
- Professional credibility and the ability to relate well to people at all levels
- NZ Certificate in Automotive Engineering L4 or 5 or equivalent
- Other relevant tertiary qualification
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday, 1 November 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please do let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Certification Officer SV REG PD July 2020.pdf (PDF, 680KB)
Follow us on