Programme Manager | Multiple Locations
- Be part of delivering key programmes of work integral to Waka Kotahi & the wider community
- Opportunity to work in a highly rewarding role
- Wellington / Auckland / Palmerston North
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Te Aukaha | Digital and Workspace strengthens Waka Kotahi through supporting our people and delivering future-focussed solutions. We enable digital change, provide quality data, information and security services, and create flexible and collaborative workspaces.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
This role is responsible for the effective and sustainable delivery of portfolio of digital and business projects to meet required Transport Agency outcomes. You will be will be accountable for leading and delivering a portfolio of projects (up to 15) of significant value, both in budgetary terms as well as business impact, internal to the organization and to external customers.
You will work in collaboration with Security, Data and Technology teams, Waka Kotahi staff, ePMO, Business Leaders, external stakeholders (e.g. RCAs), Central Agencies and Vendors.
We are looking for a seasoned Programme Manager to manage and support portfolio of projects and Project Managers. You will ensure quality framework, reporting and governance standards are adhered to according to best practice and agreed methodologies. This role involves not only managing design and delivery of business and technology solutions, including change management, but equally have excellent stakeholder management skills in a complex environment.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience in leading a team of Project Managers, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders in a complex business, technology and/or transport infrastructure environment
- Able to translate business and customer needs into solutions
- Relationship experience in a complex business and digital environment
- Experience in building technical understanding of business problems
- Knowledge and experience in proactive risk management and the use of multiple modern project and technology methodologies and frameworks e.g. engineering, architecture
- Local government sector experience desirable
If this role sounds like it's for you, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Thursday, 4 March 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the review process we will be asking shortlisted candidates to complete a short Sparkhire video interview.
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Programme Manager DW - PD February 2021.pdf (PDF, 332KB)
Follow us on