Programme Reporting & Controls Lead - NZ Upgrade Programme | Wellington
Programme Reporting & Controls Lead - NZ Upgrade Programme
- Contribute to the success of the NZ Upgrade Programme with your insightful reporting style and analytical mindset
- Bring your people leadership skills to this role
- Wellington based
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As the Programme Reporting and Controls Lead, you will be supporting The New Zealand Upgrade Programme (NZUP). This programme of work reflects the Government's $6.8 billion investment across road, rail, public transport and walking and cycling infrastructure. We have this opportunity to upgrade the transport infrastructure in our six main growth areas - Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Wellington, Canterbury and Queenstown.
You will be delivering transparent and credible reporting of the programme's performance. Your reporting will also proactively identify risks and opportunities across the programme enabling effective responses and communication.
You will be leading a team - therefore people leadership skills are essential for this role. You will be working in in the project management space so any previous experience working in this environment would be great.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience is leading a team and successfully developing team members
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability
- Ability to influence internally and externally and bring about business improvement
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience working with recognised project and programme management systems and software to manage cost, programme and risk
- Ability to manage data and information and present accurate reports for senior managers and external stakeholders
- Ability to interpret data and information and provide insight on programme performance and risk
Rā Katinga | Applications close
1st November 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
Programme Reporting and Controls Lead PD NZUP Aug 2020 - FINAL.pdf (PDF, 827KB)
Follow us on