Senior Project Manager | Wellington
Senior Project Manager
- Bring your passion for projects and make a difference
- Lead and deliver key Business Change projects
- Wellington location
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Corporate Support Group underpins everything the Agency does. They are an enabler, an advisor and the people who keep the Agency safe. Corporate Support includes Finance, Legal, Risk and Assurance, Research and Analytics, Procurement, and Enterprise Change. For the Agency to be successful, Corporate Support needs to deliver quality services efficiently.
As well as stimulating work, we offer a range of benefits including ongoing professional development, the opportunity to work flexibly (within our operational requirements), 4 weeks annual leave, subsidised health insurance, and an active social club. For more information check out :https://www.nzta.govt.nz/careers/our-benefits/
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We have a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished Senior Project Manager to join Enterprise Change team. Reporting to the Consulting Manager, Delivery. You will join our team of Senior Project Managers and plan, oversee and lead a range of business change projects from concept to completion.
This is an exciting time to join NZTA with a big change within the transport industry as we need to incorporate business change with the move to digital, along with huge focus on the different modes of transport we will be operating with.
A crucial part of this role will be to work closely with our range of stakeholders and project teams across the organisation, so your excellent interpersonal and influencing skills will be the key to your success.
This is a busy and varied role, with multiple exciting projects being worked on at any given time. So, if you are agile and enjoy working at pace with lots of collaboration with stakeholders across the business then this is for you!
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Strong experience leading complex customer/business change projects, preferably within the public sector
- Proven experience and credibility when engaging with internal and external stakeholders, and across multiple agencies
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and facilitating effective governance committees to ensure well-formed decisions are made in a timely fashion
- Business case development including estimating the effort, cost and timeframes for delivery
- Ability to define business outcomes and support the definition of innovative solutions to deliver these outcomes
- Professional qualification(s) in project and/or programme management
Rā Katinga | Applications close : 28 October 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
No File Attached
Follow us on