Senior Transport Planner | Multiple Locations
Senior Transport Planner
- Lead and Project Manage transport initiatives from conception through to design and consenting
- Enable the development of sustainable transport solutions for New Zealand
- Opportunity possible from multiple locations
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As a Senior Transport Planner you will have direct impact on transport investment in New Zealand and the unique opportunity to influence the development of great journeys for all New Zealanders. You will work across the transport sector and lead regional and national transport initiatives through the phases of business case development – from confirming the strategic purpose and direction, identifying a recommended programme of works and subsequent recommended project option, supporting the consenting phases and through the benefits realisation process, including the management of all project controls
You will enable sustainable transport solutions to transportation issues, that are safe, responsive, innovative and maximise outcomes while taking a whole of system approach to planning across modes, functions, place and time.
This position can be located out of Hawke's Bay, Palmerston North or Taranaki.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
Use your strong relationship management and communication skills and build effective partner and stakeholder relationships across the sector to bring information together and shape priorities.
What we are looking for problem solvers with experience in some or all of the following:
- Working knowledge of the business case approach
- Project management qualifications and/or skills
- A tertiary qualification in Transport Planning, Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience working with significant transport system design initiatives
- Experience planning and designing a transport system with a focus on sustainable transport
- Good understanding of the building blocks of an integrated transport system with demonstrated experience of joining the dots of strategy, systems planning, operations and technology
- Demonstrated ability to connect people and navigate legislative process and political drivers to deliver great outcomes for our customers
Applications close | Rā Katinga Tuesday 29 September 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
Senior Transport Planner TS 1483581 PD Sep 2020.pdf (PDF, 891KB)
Follow us on