Financial Officer | Wellington
- Work with a fun and professional team
- Advise and support external and internal customers with financial transactions in a customer centric manner
- Wellington based opportunity
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of these roles within the Financial Processing team is to be the subject matter expert for all activities in relation to the Transport Agencies financial transactions. These roles are responsible for the processing and payment of all financial processing transactions and provides critical support to the internal financial systems users and external suppliers, ensuring the organisation makes optimal use of the processing systems in accordance with the financial control environment. In these roles you will be responsible for:
- Accurate and timely processing and payment of all financial processing transactions (Accounts payable, receivable, cash management, property, credit card, and asset management transactions)
- Management and resolution of any internal and external queries
- Provide end user training and support
- Review financial processing transactions and provide data to audit/risk when required
- Reconcile supplier and balance Sheet accounts ensuring the timely resolution of any variances or non-payments
- Assist in the implementation of initiatives, projects, enhancements, bug fixes and system upgrades, including testing and training.
- Maintenance of Vendor/Customer master files to ensure data is accurate, payments are correct and made in accordance with policy
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful, you will bring:
- Working knowledge/experience in a Financial Operations area or related discipline
- Strong computer literacy and experience with MS Office range of applications (e.g. Word, Excel) and ERP (SAP preferred)
- Experience in understanding business processes and utilising these to meet business/customer requirements and process improvement
- Experience in training and providing support/guidance to users and peers
- Understanding the New Zealand business and public sector environment relating to financial transactions including GST, delegations and debt management
- Flexibility to change in a business environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, work well under pressure and stay calm when dealing with matters of high priority and importance to ensure the demanding needs and challenges of a busy unit are successfully met.
- Strong customer service orientation
Should you have the desire, passion and expertise to perform in this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Friday 25th September 2020
For a copy of the position description please see attached.
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Finance Officer July 2020.pdf (PDF, 757KB)
Follow us on