Senior Manager Funding and Financing | Multiple Locations
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Manager Funding and Financing.pdf (PDF, 789KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-Oct-2020|
- Strategic role identifying new and alternative financing and funding approaches for Waka Kotahi
- Utilise your thought leadership & experience in driving change, making a difference and adding value
- Wellington or Auckland location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Investment & Finance group provides critical checks and balances to the Waka Kotahi's decisions and services – to ensure plans and investments represent best value for money.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The Senior Manager, Finance & Funding will assess and advise on options for medium and long-term funding and financing to manage Waka Kotahi's future expenditure requirements and commitments.
This role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the development of financing and funding strategies for Waka Kotahi. You will lead the identification and investigation of opportunities to realise new or alternative funding and financing approaches and provide expert advice on borrowing and financing across the Agency, including project financing arrangements. This is an opportunity to develop options to enhance Waka Kotahi's financial sustainability, agility and flexibility.
We are looking for a true thought leader who has a detailed understanding of funding and financing, including for large-scale infrastructure projects.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience at a senior level in a financial and/or investment role in a large complex organisation
- Subject matter expertise in corporate finance, treasury or investment management
- Experience or detailed knowledge of funding and financing for major infrastructure is preferred
- Well-developed financial modelling skills
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal business leaders and external parties
- 5 years + experience in a role with comparable scale and breadth
- Tertiary finance or other commercial qualification preferably at post graduate level or in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
Applications close | Rā Katinga Tuesday 6th October, 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.