Rail Systems Analyst | Multiple Locations
Rail Systems Analyst
- Manage the input and maintenance of information and information systems within the rail regulatory function
- Provide key stakeholders with valuable insights to help inform their decisions
- Location: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance - it is the essence of why we do what we do. For more information, please visit www.nzta.govt.nz/regulatory/
The purpose of this role is to support the Safer Rail team in managing the input and maintenance of information and information systems within the rail regulatory function, including the maintenance of the Rail Information System (RIS). This role will work closely with Safer Rail team members and the regulatory services intelligence function to support the delivery of rail regulatory activities.
You will have worked in a similar role in business or data analysis, supporting subject matter experts.
Your strong customer focus will enable you to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide them with valuable insights to help inform their decisions.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience in a role supporting subject matter specialists with the ability to multi task, prioritise and work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience working in analytical roles
- Strong analytical and system thinking
- Highly developed computer literacy, including the use of databases and reporting programmes; MS suite, including advanced Excel.
- Continuous improvement ethos and analytical skills - able to identify anomalies in data, processes and business practices and experience in looking for and implementing improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service ethos with high standards including accuracy and attention to detail
- Experienced in building and fostering effective relationships, especially within a large and multi-purpose organisation and with remotely-based colleagues
- Experience working in situations demanding flexibility to adapt quickly, whilst supporting front-line team members.
- Tertiary qualification in statistics or business/data analysis preferable or equivalent experience
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Sunday, 27 Sept 2020
For a copy of the position description, please visit: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process
Rail Systems Analyst REG June 2020.pdf (PDF, 173KB)
Follow us on