Senior Transport Planner - Regional | Blenheim
Senior Transport Planner - Regional
- Develop a Transport Plan for the Marlborough Region
- Work with senior key stakeholders including members of the local council
- Based from the Blenheim office however flexible working arrangements can be offered
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As the Senior Transport Planner, your focus will be on the Marlborough Network. You will lead transport planning initiatives across Marlborough. In this role you will drive a long term Strategic Transport Plan across the region. You will make sure the objectives of the Marlborough Environment Plan are delivered. You will work with key stakeholders, including our customers and local government partners, to support the development of strategic, programme and detailed business cases with a key focus on enabling Marlborough's planned growth.
The role will be based out of the Blenheim office however we are flexible with working arrangements and would consider someone who would be based outside of Blenheim for 2-3 days a week
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience in a similar role working with a programme of challenging projects in planning, traffic engineering or a related field
- Good understanding of the building blocks of an integrated transport system with demonstrated experience of joining the dots of strategy, systems planning, operations and technology
- Connecting people and navigating legislative process and political drivers to deliver great outcomes for our customers
- A working knowledge of the business case process and the ability to write sound business cases
- Experience working with partners and stakeholders to shape priorities
- An awareness and understanding of the social and environmental impacts that can result from enhancing the transport system. Experience in managing and delivering AEE for major projects will be desirable
- The ability to identify and design useful and enduring indicators and measures
- The ability to interpret outputs from transportation models
- A good understanding of economic evaluation principals
- Numerical and quantitative data interpretation skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience working with a programme of challenging projects in planning, traffic engineering or a related field
- A relevant qualification in transport planning, engineering or another relevant discipline
Applications close | Rā Katinga
29th September 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
NEW Senior Transport Planner - Regional TS PD Sept 2020.pdf (PDF, 1.00MB)
Follow us on