Survey & Legalisation Manager - National | Multiple Locations
Survey & Legalisation Manager - National
- Deliver improved financial performance from property
- Build a culture of excellence in land information management
- Join our national, forward thinking, energetic team with a solutions focus
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Transport Property team is part of the Transport Services group and provides specialist property functions that are integral to the value chain that enables Waka Kotahi to deliver sustainable transport solutions.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As the Survey and Legalisation Manager you will have direct impact on property revenue generation and the unique opportunity to be involved with major infrastructure projects that keep New Zealand moving. You will lead the strategic and operational delivery of the property survey and legalisation programme for the Transport Property team and will play a key role in GIS initiatives, the disposal programme delivery and cadastral survey compliance.
Working as part of a regionally dispersed team you will uphold the value of the specialist property contribution to the Waka Kotahi value chain and will collaborate with stakeholders both internally across the country and externally with acquisition and disposal suppliers, property managers, local councils and government agencies.
Continuous improvement of land information management is a critical component of this role and you will drive best practice initiatives to ensure accurate integrated property information which forms the backbone of both the survey and legalisation programme, GIS programme, and revenue generation from property disposal.
This position can be located in Auckland or Wellington.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To optimise the Transport Agency's property survey and legalisation outcomes you will need to bring an attention to detail, strong vision for the future and an understanding of operational excellence in land management. You will also need strong collaboration and influencing skills to work through complex transactions with multiple parties.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Sound understanding of the processes involved in the survey and legalisation of property for Crown.
- Extensive experience in large property portfolio data management
- At least ten years in a similar or related role
- Strong lead programme manager, development, monitoring and management skills, including good understanding of out-sourcing.
- Proven people skills with experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent work experience
- Ideally Professional Membership of RICS/Property Council/PINZ or CoreNet.
- Current and valid New Zealand driver's licence.
Applications close | Rā Katinga Sunday 9 August 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Survey and Legalisation Manager TS 1470684 PD July 2020.docx.pdf (PDF, 1.01MB)
Follow us on