Principal Property Acquisition Manager - Central | Wellington
Principal Property Acquisition Manager - Central
- New people leadership position
- Support the delivery of major infrastructure projects that benefit all New Zealanders
- Lead a forward thinking, energetic team with a solutions focus
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Property team is part of the Transport Services group and provides specialist property functions that are integral to the value chain that enables Waka Kotahi to deliver sustainable transport solutions.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As the Principal Property Acquisition Manager in the central region, you will have direct impact on the delivery of property solutions and the unique opportunity to support the implementation of the major infrastructure projects that keep New Zealand moving. You will acquire properties for future transport system projects and operational functions and will drive best practice in Property Acquisition to continuously improve the way we work and how we support Transport Services.
Working as part of a regionally dispersed team you will deliver the Waka Kotahi Property Acquisition Programme which ranges from $25m to $75m each year to support our State Highways property programmes. You will develop property strategies for all future projects in conjunction with Accredited Suppliers and produce a robust acquisition programme with estimated costs, together with appropriate risk mitigation.
A core aspect of this role is the management of a small team, you will build a high performing team setting team objectives and expectations and monitoring and strengthening team cohesion and performance.
Strong collaboration and stakeholder management experience.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To optimise the Transport Agency's property acquisition outcomes you will need to bring a strong vision for the future, innovative ideas and an understanding of operational excellence in the Public Works Act 1981 and property acquisition. You will also need strong collaboration and influencing skills to work through complex transactions with multiple parties.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous people management experience
- At least 8 years' experience in a similar or related property role
- Substantial experience in the purchase & sale of property for Crown use including an in depth understanding of the Public Works Act 1981 and related Crown policy.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of strategic property plans and the ability to apply a strategic context to your work.
- Substantial experience in the delivery of large property programmes or projects.
- Excellent skills in communication, leading, influencing, collaborating and building credibility across a range of stakeholders.
- Highly developed negotiation skills to manage multi-party issues and/or difficult relationships in a diplomatic and empathetic manner, including an awareness of associated political and reputational risk.
- A sound knowledge of commercial and property law, and health and safety legislation; and their application in procurement practices and the management of property
- Financial analysis proficiency with sound financial management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Bachelor or Business Studies (VPM), Bachelor of Property
- Ideally Professional Membership of RICS/Property Council/PINZ or CoreNet
- Current and valid New Zealand driver's license.
Applications close | Rā Katinga Sunday 9 August 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Principal Property Acquisition Manager Central TS 1470678 PD July 2020.pdf (PDF, 976KB)
Follow us on