Content Writer | Multiple Locations
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Content Writer - PD - Apr21.pdf (PDF, 309KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-May-2021|
- Help us to translate technical regulatory language into easily interpreted information for our internal and external audiences
- Be a part of a supportive and fun team environment
- Palmerston North or Wellington based
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten year's time.
Te Waka Kōtuia our Engagement and Partnerships group supports the success of Waka Kotahi by strengthening relationships with our central and local government partners, communities and industry. We do this by telling great stories about the work Waka Kotahi does. Our diverse work spans a range of partners and stakeholders. We are responsible for supporting Ministers, coordinating collaboration across central government, leading relationships with our local government partners and engaging directly with the New Zealand public.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
Reporting to our Manager, Knowledge Base and Specialist Channels, our Content Writer will develop and maintain digital and printed content across a range of customer channels. The content will ensure New Zealanders know what they need to do when using the services of Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency.
Our Content Writer will translate technical regulatory language into “plain language”, easy to understand for our internal and external audiences. If our regulatory services information is user-friendly and accessible to our stakeholders, including members of the public and regulated parties, there would be improved levels of compliance as people will understand what is expected of them.
This role will need to build effective working relationships across a broad range of customer facing teams to ensure they understand their audience and can meet the needs of customers.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience writing content in plain language
- Sound understanding and experience in writing, editing and publishing content across print and digital channels
- Experience in developing content ideally in the public sector
- Exceptional influencing and inter-personal skills and an ability to build strong, effective relationships
- Ability to connect with others to ensure you have a broad view of your work
- Experience in using Adobe InDesign and web content management systems
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline or equivalent experience would be advantageous
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Monday 17th May 2021
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.