Data Engineer - Multiple Opportunities | Multiple Locations
Data Engineer - Multiple Opportunities
- Be the Data Warehouse expert while aligning data strategies and architecture
- We are a close knit and committed team of specialists
- Multiple opportunities & flexible location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Workplace and Technology Services Group is accountable for leading, influencing and ensuring that our corporate and transport technologies deliver to business and customer outcomes. The Group is accountable for all cyber and physical data and information, technology and security issues, ensuring that the Transport Agency meets its ongoing service and compliance obligations.
The enterprise data warehouse team plays a fundamental role in shaping the information foundation of the agency and the NZ transport sector at large. We are a close-knit entity empowered to determine the digital configuration of a data platform using our expertise, while also being the champion to take stakeholders along the maturity journey.
The opportunities | Te Whiwhinga mahi
NZTA sees data as a key building block to delivering on the agency's strategic objectives. The purpose of this role is to work closely with our data teams to develop a data environment that enables fast and high quality outputs.
The Data Engineer will have ownership over procuring, curating and documenting the data needs of our teams. This role will consider how we optimise the flows of data for analytical and business purposes, whilst ensuring it aligns to our longer-term data strategies and overall architecture.
If you enjoy working in a team, have a passion for data warehouse and development tools and you want to make a difference to promote the organisation's information foundation, then this is the role for you.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Over 3 years of Data Warehouse ETL experience, preferably in a complex organisation.
- A good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts, including previous experience analysing, defining and structuring complex business rules.
- Experience with requirements gathering and data analysis, with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Experience in data modelling and design including data vault.
- Experience in data & analytics with exposure to product sets such as WhereScape RED, SSIS, T-SQL, Azure is needed. R/Python and ASW experience desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of what is necessary to develop high quality data products.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Tuesday, 11 August 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
PD Data Engineer.pdf (PDF, 809KB)
Follow us on