Senior Urban Mobility Advisor | Wellington
Senior Urban Mobility Advisor
- One-year fixed term full time opportunity
- Provide specialist support to the Innovating Streets programme
- Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As the Senior Urban Mobility Advisor, you will work closely with Programme Manager as well as other internal stakeholders to provide specialist support and successful delivery to the Innovating Streets Programme.
The Innovating Streets programme aims to make it faster and easier to transition our streets to safer and more liveable spaces. Fast tactical changes in our streets have the potential to deliver significant safety and liveability benefits in a short timeframe.
We are looking for someone with specialist knowledge in tactical urbanism who is skilled in building strong relationships which in turn, is creating trust with our council partners. We would love someone to join the team who is solution focused and adaptable. Alongside your primary focus on the Innovating Streets programme, you will also be providing specialist data and insights support to advance the evidence base around walking and cycling trends and data collection around New Zealand. This aspect of the role requires someone with an in-depth knowledge of data and evidence sets for monitoring active transport trends.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience in the areas of urban mobility, walking, cycling and/or urban design
- Proven experience in influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience reviewing key project and programme documentation and working with teams to deliver quality outputs
- Exceptional organisational skills in prioritising and managing workloads
- Strong planning expertise including the ability to identify trends and risks to be managed before they materialise
- Experience in using relevant systems in a PM0 environment ideally with PlanView, SAP, TIO or relevant financial experience
Please note that this a one-year fixed term role.
Applications close | Rā Katinga
15th July 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
Senior Urban Mobility Advisor PD.pdf (PDF, 693KB)
Follow us on