Manager Design Engineers | Wellington
Manager Design Engineers
- Contribute to design technology frameworks
- Opportunity to use your excellent leadership skills
- Wellington or Auckland
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Workplace and Technology Services Group is accountable for leading, influencing and ensuring that our corporate and transport technologies deliver to business and customer outcomes. The Group is accountable for all cyber and physical security issues, ensuring that the Transport Agency meets its ongoing security and compliance obligations.
This role sits within the Technology function which is transitioning to a modern, responsive, client-centred team. The transition to product led, virtual teams co-designing with internal clients transforms the way Technology works with the business. An Agile and DevOps approach also ensures there is a seamless transition from product design to implementation to ongoing support and maintenance.
We are looking for people who want to help drive this change and are comfortable stepping up to influence the design and development of a new way of working
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
We are looking for an excellent leader to contribute to the vision, principles and standards for managing and measuring the delivery of engineering.
As the Manager Design Engineers, you will provide technical co-design and expert technical knowledge to deliver solution architecture. You will lead and manage the design engineering team to ensure that solution architecture aligns to Agency's technical strategy and create technology architecture that meets product needs.
Your role is fundamental in supporting the technology product lifecycle and contribute to the design and documentation of engineering frameworks. You will not only be leading your team but be a part of strategic reviews, project briefs, training and providing design solutions for our NZ roads.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Read, review and improve solution design, architecture that go with the roads we build
- Experience in designing networks and technology deployment
- Proven experience in leading a team that works and strives to exceed expectations
- Proven relationship experience in a complex business and technology environment: Devops and CI/CD
- Experience in building technical understanding of business problems
- Strong experience in modern toolsets and approaches e.g. collaboration, automation, security, cloud
- Sound knowledge and experience in the use of multiple modern technology methodologies and frameworks e.g. engineering, architecture
- Quality presentation skills
- Tertiary level qualification in relevant subject or equivalent experience
We are looking for an excellent people manager, having come from a development background and has moved in Architecture.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Friday, 7 August 2020.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Manager Design Engineers WT PD Nov 2019.pdf (PDF, 822KB)
Follow us on