Senior Operations Analyst | Wellington
Senior Operations Analyst
- Provide strategic and tactical analysis and advice
- Bring your Project Management experience
- Based in Wellington
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for the Transport Agency and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance - it is the essence of why we do what we do. For more information, please visit www.nzta.govt.nz/regulatory/
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to support the Safer Vehicles management and wider teams by delivering information, analytical insights, strategic and tactical analytical advice in relation to our Safer Vehicles work programme, management and analysis, forecasting, operational design/implementation and providing oversight and solutions; ensuring that we align with the regulatory work programme.
As a high energy go getter, you will enjoy being at the centre of activity as you take responsibility for the analysis of the team's operational work programme, driving performance reporting, using analytics and forecasting to ensure that we are focused and applying the right tactical solutions across the Safer Vehicles workstreams; liaising with internal stakeholders to organise workflow and manage the team's risk profile.
Excellent verbal and written communication is essential, along with strong organisation skills. Previous programme coordination experience in a complex organisation would set you ahead of the pack
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience working in reporting and analytical roles
- Experience in information reporting, especially performance related reporting, preferably in an area supporting other teams in making strategic, management and operational decisions
- Experience with and exposure to Business Intelligence analytics
- Strong analytical and system thinking
- Skilled at report writing and interpreting data
- Strong ability to identify and interpret risk and use information to provide evidence for continuous improvement
- Knowledge and understanding of programme management and coordination, processes, disciplines and governance procedures
- An understanding of legislation and its impact on the work of a regulatory orgnisations, for example the Privacy Act, Official Information Act, Coroner's Act, Railways Act
- Proven ability in relationship management, influencing and facilitation
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Project or programme management qualification (eg Prince2) is advantageous but not essential
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Sunday, 7 June 2020
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
For a copy of the position description, please visit: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Operations Analyst SV REG PD May 2020.pdf (PDF, 184KB)
Follow us on